Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i dont even see any casper shields. so you just spent that money to have some blue as fuck headlights that have an uber amount of glare to blind other drivers and give the cops another reason to pull you over.. money well spent.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
i dont even see any casper shields. so you just spent that money to have some blue as fuck headlights that have an uber amount of glare to blind other drivers and give the cops another reason to pull you over.. money well spent.
wow...calm down a little...

Whats a casper shield? I'm interested in doing this to my car...

·
Registered
999 Posts
its a shield that helps with glare from the hid bulbs

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
i want to see some night shots...
also if these are still working in a month, i just might get me some...

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
easy install, they are more white that blue actually and they light up the road VERY well.... it does get me more attention, but I am very pleased with the kit

·
Registered
EG Final Year
893 Posts
Damn good price and they look great from what you've shown. Could you go and snap a picture at night from inside the car facing a wall from a good distance away?

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
290 Posts
lol, prtty nice wall and good distance :p

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
any chance you can get a pic of the lights against a wall or your garage door about 5-10 feet back?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
wow...calm down a little...

Whats a casper shield? I'm interested in doing this to my car...
im not mad.

casper shield is a shield used to "try" to reduce glare when you put hid's in non-oem hid housings. they use a d2s and/or d2r hid bulb and make that fit in a h4 housing. the d2r/d2s are the bulb sizes used in oem hid systems. you can buy the d2s/d2r bulbs and ballasts on ebay for less than 200 most times then the shields are about 25 bucks. you have to do the wiring but its a better setup.

plus if you ever plan to do a full projector retrofit then you already have the d2s bulb ald ballast which fits in 95% of oem projectors. you wont be able to do that with the plug and play kits.

www.hidplanet.com is a great site on automotive lighting. thats a link to their retail page, you can look around on that page for the forum link. you have to sign up but its worth it.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
they look good :TU:, but damn you need to clean out your garage :lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts