Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I have been doing some researching on this the avg HID kit for our civic from 92-00 is about 200-280 bucks, now this might seem like an ok price at first, but when I started to ask questions on these products to the sellers they say they work well, but you might have to start replacing the bulbs and ballasts asfter 2 yrs.... WTF ru kidding me??? I just dont seems to quite get spending almost 300 bucks on a headlight kit and having to replace them so soon, I have some blue xenon bulbs now, but I always wanted real HIDs, but screw that shit Im just gonna have to get some different bulbs again.....

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying to find the bluest lights I can, maybe some 8500k's or so.... I wonder which ones would be the best.....

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I know, I MIGHT just go searchin for better bulbs then.... I need to turbo this bitch anyway.... :)

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I found some bulbs that look real nice they are called PIAA H4 Spark Blues..... spendy like 85 shipped, but they look hella nice.... Ill need to keep my eyes peeled for more..... l8er guys....

S

·
0 Posts
I just did a HID conversion...my kit came wit 6000k superwhite bulbs, and i paid $250.00 and did the conversion myself. i love them, especially since the stock bulbs..u cant even see 3 feet in front of u wit them.

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
do a retrofit with oem projectors. best way to go. I've never heard of balasts burning out. mine came off of a few year old mercedes and I've been using them for almost a year and they're still fine. just get oem stuff and don't worry about it.

I know it's easy for me to say this stuff when it was just handed to me, all I had to pay for was the new projector headlights. I'll try to get some pictures when I get home so you can see what it looks like.

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,609 Posts
gftgrill said:
do a retrofit with oem projectors. best way to go. I've never heard of balasts burning out. mine came off of a few year old mercedes and I've been using them for almost a year and they're still fine. just get oem stuff and don't worry about it.

I know it's easy for me to say this stuff when it was just handed to me, all I had to pay for was the new projector headlights. I'll try to get some pictures when I get home so you can see what it looks like.

Cool!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
any warranty?????

go luminics. Get the proper color you want. You cant go wrong with them. I have yet to hear anything bad about the company. Check either h-t or jdmu. I think both have some great things to say about the company.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
prolumin...full HID conversion kit, different applications and temps, high quality, very popular with bmw tuners...thats what im gettin...price is a little high at $450 msrp, but well worth it for quality...

·
Registered
428 Posts
or go to the boneyard and get some ballasts and wiring from a bmw and shove them in your pocket and have yourself some free HID's, or pay the guy at the desk 50 bucks for them, its not that hard to hook up either

1 - 18 of 18 Posts