Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey..not sure if this goes here but it is electronic so I guess idk.lol.

Anyway I was reading and I guess I need to do something called retrofit so I can have legit hids?

Can I buy projectors off eBay then buy and hid kit?

If so what kind of projectors? Some people said denji? But man those cost a grip of cash..

Also with those denjis they use h3 bulbs? Which I read are like fogs?

Not sure but if anyone can direct me to a link or just throw some info at me is appreciate it.

I know I should read more before posting but dso doesn't seem to have a lighting section

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also found hid planet. Cool site but everyone there seems to already know all the terminology and stuff and don't really give a noob DIY ya know?

·
Registered
681 Posts
well sence the rules state users are not allowed to buy or sale anything on the fourm till they have enough posts to access the classified section his best bet would be to go around hondalx97 and directly to his supplier which is theretrofitsource.com but i worn you that to do it the right way will cost quite a bit the complete easy retrofit kit is 270 link plus shipping then you need to factor in new headlights since you have a 95 civic your stock housings are fluted and that is not good for hid projectors as it will scatter the light here is the ones i used on my set up right now they are going for 68.35 Honda 92 95 Civic JDM Black Clear Crystal Headlights Head Lamps | eBay here is the write up I followed How to: Morimoto Mini H1's into 92-95 civic headlights - Honda-Tech
and here is the result on my car

and a crappy cell phone pic of my cut off

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The price is worth it to do it right the first time.i don't want to cheap out.
There's a local parts store here that sells retrofitted hid headlamps as well but wasn't sure of the quality .a friend of mine is going to try them then tell me.
They cost 150 and he puts em on for you.so if that goes well I might just get those
Btw those look tight on that civic.it looks factory.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
definately do a retrofit. from what ive seen cars with dual fillamenent bulbs and HID arent too great. i have a set in my CRX and they work fine since EF cars use 4 single element bulbs. i was actually about to post up some info on ballasts when i noticed this post.

ive been driving my brothers 06 acura TL and it has factory BI Xenon HID and the high beams suck. with the high beams on it doesnt do much, just enough to flash people and they can tell your flashing them. what apears to beam high beam bulbs in this car is actually the fog light...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts