Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic ex
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im a noob to using the site but have been on here for a bit and in the car game my whole life, so im having an annoying problem with my IAC, at one point i unplugged it for cleaning and it still functions correctly but seems to have a loose connection at the plug now and will sometimes throw a code and act as if its unplugged (high cycling idle, stall on decel). I tried placing pieces of stripped wire into the plug to tighten the connection against the pins and it worked but sometimes it will still throw a code and act up and its getting annoying. What possible fixes are there or where can i find a new pigtail?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
New pigtail, Can be gotten from numerous locations on the honda chassis. IAC, IAT, Vtec pressure, Fan switch, all these are the same.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
New pigtail, Can be gotten from numerous locations on the honda chassis. IAC, IAT, Vtec pressure, Fan switch, all these are the same.

If it's a 2 wire iacv but if it's a 3 wire then only the 3 wire plug from the iacv. Getting a plug with used wires could end up having the same problem.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
You can buy new pins from honda. I don't remember the part number.
I'm sure you have it 2jz.
But yea it's better to get new or close to it as possible when dealing with electrical stuff.
Yes sir I do have new pins and seals for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts