Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Civic Wagovan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently purchased an 89' auto Wagovan. The d15b2 blew shortly after purchase and I've got a full d15b JDM swap (engine, trans, ecu, etc.) on the way. I'm here to hopefully gain knowledge on the JDM motor and what the USDM equivalent is to relay to machine shop for rebuilding and auto part stores for the simple things. From what I know about the bolt on parts they are the same as 92-95 Si, correct me if I'm wrong. The internal/rebuild is a different story and I'm here to search for those answers. I live in a town that wouldn't know the first thing about Honda swaps, much less JDM motors. Hoping to learn without to much trashing over n00b questions (other sites you know who you are).

·
Registered
1989 Civic Wagovan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pic of the motor, just ordered a complete change over (d15b, S20 hydro, P08, etc) last night and should have it all by the end of the month. I just need the machine shop to give it a bath, check/replace rings, gaskets and things like that so the motor is basically brand new. They range 60,000-70,000 miles so I'm hoping all the major parts are still fine, no warps or cracks. Plan is a dd N/A, but the d15b2 at less than 80hp isn't going to cut it in todays traffic. Now if I can just find things like manual pedal assembly and body parts I'll be good, but engine/tran first, then suspension and then I'll worry about looks.

·
Registered
1989 Civic Wagovan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m assuming you’re referring to the black wheel, other one is just the 89’ stock. The black one is a generic steelie from Discount. The tire was super bald and they didn’t have 13” tires in stock so my only option was to get a 14” steelie and tire or pay for a hotel until they got 13” tires ordered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jdm d15 has same casting head as the z6 just different cams and vtec setup
I believe there are 3 different variations of vtec with the jdm d15
The jdm d15 also uses d16 size rod journals and d15 crank journals.
I believe the rods are the same length as d16 but the wrist pin height is higher in the stock piston for that motor making up the difference.
It is as well similar to the z6 crank with two oil ports on either side of the journals. Jdm d15 cam profile makes a little more power compared to z6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts