Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever have problems passing cali smog with a magnaflow hi flow cat? is there even such a thing. i got it cause it was cheap. i have a bone stock d16z6 in my 94 vx and it wont pass smog. i dont know how to check if it is bad.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
well, it probably won't pass smog simply because that engine is missing the original emissions equipment that came with the VX. The VX has the wideband o2 sensor stock to control the emissions... that missing alone should fail you.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which forum should it be in? i am just trying to get some answers to help me pass smog legitly.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
jmaze said:
which forum should it be in? i am just trying to get some answers to help me pass smog legitly.

Its not a big deal, but maybe in general tech, or engine building.....
Product reviews would be for something you bought and are giving you opinion on it...:)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i got the whole d16z6 complete with 4 wire 02 vs. i believe 6 wire vx. what would the stock exhaust do? i wonder if the "hi flow" cat is clogged?

·
Registered
518 Posts
just keep ur staock cat and when u need to pass emissions just replace the hiflow with the stock one
ur acctully luck cause i have a one piece straigh pipe and if i wanna pass legally i have to pull the home thing off ans swap exhausts

G

·
0 Posts
i am so glad that texas dont have emissions test.....wo0t wo0t!....my little bro lives in cali where they have that BS emissions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts