Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nice to meet you, i'm hondur.

Does anyone think theres a market for refurbished throttle bodys? With the IACV and FITV both cleaned and serviced? My thoughts are that since i have several laying around, and idle fluctuation issues are common, its a good plan to thoroughly clean em, paint them black, and sell them so even an inexperienced DIYer can repair their poorly idling civic and only need to remove four bolts.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a case of black paint laying around lol, i'll just not paint them in that case though.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,382 Posts
unless you are giving them away, youre not a site sponsor, nor have you been here long enough to sell anything. so..... welcome to d-so

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
It is a fine line he is walking.

But to be properly cleaned and recalibrated, as well as sensors checked, TB blade clearance checked.......

Yeah, way more to it than you think.

I found my idle issues years later by viewing my pics on photobucket.

·
Registered
98 Civic HX D16Y5
167 Posts
Those TBs would be "marketable" if you are able to bore them all out to something like 68mm or 70mm.
You might be able to sell them faster.

I found my idle issues years later by viewing my pics on photobucket.

Tuning nightmare?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll consult the FSM and some books in regards to complete refurbishing, the for that advice mista bone. I am aware that larger throttle bodys are more desirable, but b7 units are like >50% of all EGs so I think that helps in regards to dyi'ers not enthusiasts.

I was mostly thinking that cleaning and testing them would be sufficient.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts