Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Civic EG4 (EDM)
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

my name is Chris, i'm from Germany and learning to become a mechanic for cars here. I'm apologizing for any kind of gramatical errors.

I'm owning a '92 Civic EG4 (EDM) with the 90 bhp D15B2-Mono-Jetronic.

Due to an engine-breakdown I have the problem that I need to swap the broken Engine for a D15Z6-VTEC-E Engine from the '96 Civic EK3 (114 bhp).

I have everything for the complete swap, means I've got the gearbox, engine with manifolds, all wiring harnesses, the ECU and even pinouts ans wiring plans.

My Problem now is, that I need to know if I can somehow connect the wiring harness of the engine-bay with the harness of the interior (the one beneath the dashboard).

Pleas do not try to convince me that the idea is stupid or something, I know it is, but at the moment I need my car with a running engine and the Z6 is just standing in my garage.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts

·
Registered
Civic EG4 (EDM)
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay as I am reading through, it's all for OBD0, quite nice to know.

But what I am going to do is to use the OBD2a-System from the P2Y-G01 ECU to get the engine running as if it is an EK3 from '96...

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
They didn't use DPFI in the states after 91. The process will be the same except the pin out locations will be different for the ECU/wiring on yours.

Not sure if your OBD2A looks like ours or not:

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,034 Posts
if its a 94 chassis, that's obd1 correct? so couldn't you throw in the z6 but run it off of an obd1 p28? or are your generations different from ours? btw, pics of the car? yall got the awesome center consoles, steering wheels and optional wheels. Id sell my soul for a set of these

·
Registered
Civic EG4 (EDM)
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there!

Pics will follow asap.

Here in Europe we have the hatchback-generations from '92 - '95 (Civic EG 3,4,5,6).
From '95 -'00 we've got the EJ9, EK3 and 4.

EG3 is the 1.3l engine with carb, EG4 is 1.5l mono-jetronic, EG5 is the d16z6, EG6 is the B16a2.

EJ is 1.4l 90bhp, EK3 is the D15z6, EK4 is the B16a2.

Thats our standard.

Now to my Problem, I dont know if anyone of you already swapped a newer engine into an older car. As I already said, I've got everything I need (even the wiring harness from the 1.4l Engine (D14B4)) but I wanted to know if there are any changes of the interior harnesses between the models of '92-'95 and '95-'00?

·
Registered
Honda Civic Luxline
7 Posts
Thank you for posting this information BeerDrinkin. I'm having idle issues since my swap

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Thank you for posting this information BeerDrinkin. I'm having idle issues since my swap
You may be having IACV problems, describe the swap and issues if you can with some detail (what motor and what was used in swap and why it was swapped)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts