Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm the owner of a little ef7 crx with a stock zc engine and somehow it also had a crx exclusive leather interior installed. This is project number 1, i got her cheap with supposed gearbox and engine problems along with a ef6 twin carb wreck. i also had a d13b1 civic dx 89. project number 2 is putting a vtech head on the d13b1 with the twin carb setup and sticking it in the ef6 crx. the zc is going to be getting a full rebuild within the next year with new conrods, pistons and crank shaft along with a fully rebuilt head as well. this is so i can eventually put a tidy little turbo on it :)

i have been working on my own ef's for the past 3 years but nothing too much with the engine wiring. i work at a rental car company doing services, repairs, engine swaps and gearbox replacements but these are all newer cars.

so basically any advice on the possible pitfalls to look out for in these cars/projects would be awesome :)

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Welcome, post pics of the rides.

No real advice other then take pics, and label stuff when wiring.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
mmmm yeah its a bit daunting looking and a engine bay with basically just wireing left in it. the first photo is the zc, it has a moon roof. the next is the ef 6
the panels are all pretty straight it came with an engine but it had been cooked and it was auto. this one has the spooler and a moon roof as well. its in the garage atm with the entire front sub frame removed. i replaced the power steering with the manual steering from the following civic
the civic is manual but it had chassis rust at the bottom of the front A frame. which sedems to be a very common problem for efs in new zealand

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Was curious where you were at. Looks like a bit of work a head of you, but saving a Honda is worth it. I applaud you.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha yeah, the ef7 is lovely, i have always wanted one and when i came across these stupidly cheap i couldn't say no. the civic was really cheap too and was my daily for awhile. the civic was 400 NZD no wof or rego, cost another 300 for cost of parts and road charges. the two crx's were 900 for both. the zc was putting out a bit of smoke and gearbox sounded rough. it would sometimes stall too. turned out to be the left upper bracket for the engine mount being broken had dopped the engine quite low and it was screwing with everything.

Yeah alot of work. the only parts i still need is the manual ecu and vtech head for the ef6. the civic engine is now out and i need to put the sub frame back in the crx so i can mount the engine and start work on the head

·
Registered
0 Posts
I don't see too many CRX's driving around these days, so it's always nice to see someone trying to keep one on the road. Welcome to the site and good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts