Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I remember correctly i read this off of HMT tech project
the guy was using and hf style manifold (actually looks off of an std) and recalling him saying the the actuator from the T3 doesnt fit using these types of manifold. does anybody know anthing about this?

·
Registered
602 Posts
You can face the turbo the other way, rotate the compressor housing or sometimes grind webbbing off the block if that is the problem.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dammit i wanted to use those manifold because they are an inexpensive solution i guess ima have to buy real manifold. unless someone has a solution. facing the turbo the other way sounds like a good idea unless theres a downfall to that

·
Registered
602 Posts
You rotate your compressor housing so its oriented a different way. This is done by lossening the center sextion and spinning the housing so the outlet points in a different direction, then you may have to fab up a new WG acuator mount or something.

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
i got a hf mani sitting right here if you want it i might let it go its pretty nice no cracks or anything

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i read something in HMT
take off the actuator and mount the manifold/turbo. find where the wastegate will not touch anything and figure out how to mount it. you may have to make a bracket or bend the mounting lip. for the rod, you will probably have to attach a longer rod and bend it to the flapper.

I guess ill figure something out when the time comes, i have a motor that i can pre-align everything before it goes into my car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts