Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hf motor mini me

Okay I just got a hf motor for free and have a z6 head that I can make a mini me with. I know with the cx motor that you cant do it cause it makes the compression to low but this is different, right? Any help will be appreciated.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
rainman said:
8 valves in the hf head but Im putting a z6 head on there so............
Will it work?
only 8 valve reliefs on the pistons. In short, NO.

Find a d15b2 or d15b1 out of an 88-91 STD/DX/LX. Use that. Dont want your precious VEEEETAK valves slapping pistons now do you.

·
Registered
ex-g (canadian)
624 Posts
some 8 valve engine (2 valve relief) came also with 4 valve relief piston in their stock form. open the head first and check.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
labatt2k said:
some 8 valve engine (2 valve relief) came also with 4 valve relief piston in their stock form. open the head first and check.
ALL 88-91 b6 motors had 2 valve reliefs per piston. its the CX 8 valve block that had 4 per piston

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
That's exactly what I was going to do untill fooker told me it won't work. It has a 5k revlimit aswell. A 3layer y8 HG would be cool though right??

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yeah I was going to do a head swap on an old REX I had a then realized it was a 8valve and the Z6 was 16 and the pistons didn't have the valve reliefs..it does suck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts