Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Long story short it works. I used it today on a hyundai. I used a lot of anti-seize on the force screw. . and I was able to get the whole job done. The threads on the screw look pretty trashed, but it still works. Screw will probably strip out if I use it again.

I seen reviews about the force screw not being so hot, which I agree. If you where to spend whatever on another force screw from a "hubtamer" or the like of high quaility this kit is perfect for doing bearings without a press.
Of course you can press out the flange (easily hammer out), but you can use this tool to get it back in.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Is the screw normal threaded or ACME (square shoulder) threaded?

I just got a HF split bearing puller yesterday and the main screw was ACME threaded, much to my shock. That should hold up pretty well, and has, for the two things I needed it for.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just used the same set to do the bearings on a 1996 Nissan 200sx. I lubed it up with lots of anti-seize and used my Harbor Freight electric impact wrench on it. It worked, and my threads look just fine. I hit the bearing a couple of times with a hammer to get it started before using the bolt.

The threads that came on my bolt are the normal kind, not square.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts