Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i have 2 questions, the first one is, in the picture above, do i use a regular t3 to hf adapter plate or one made for my turbo, (came off a volvo) and my second question is, when using a hf mani, can i use an external wastegate and if so wheres the best place for it

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i thought, where can i get one? cause the only site that i know that sells the flanges is bmcrace.com and they dont have a volvo flange

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
ATPturbo sells the standard t3 to volvo adapter, but then you will be stacking it with the BMC HF adapter. and the turbo will already sit low with the HF/BMC combo...

take the exhaust housing off and bring it to a maching shop, have them deck/mill is so that it is flat and you no longer have the indent in the center

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
just get a cast iron manifold. the compressor will hit the block if you go with the t3 hf combo. unless your fine with cutting up the webbing on your block, then it will clear fine.
edit: you can turn the turbo around and it might clear but my local exhaust shop would have charged my almost double for making the extra bends in the downpipe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts