Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, I am 90 percent sure Im gonna do the 5 speed swap, I found a good deal, so im just gonna say fuck it and go for it.... what do I need to do to make my y8 mani/ tb setup work.... I just got it port and polished.... there has to be a way to make it work... I also heard that if I swap the ODBII to a OBDI everything will work with no modifcations..... am I right??? help me quick, so I can round some things up :) Thanks fam- Paul

S

·
0 Posts
wow just wow....

i ran into problems doing obd2 - obd1 conversion with auto-manual conversion. however keeping obd2 i did not. however i am also switching my IM for a 5 speed and gsr TB. the only problem u will run into is the IACV. i did not switch my TB and IM when i did the conversion and it still runs to this day... but with a rough idle with obd1 conversion

there are so many parts u will need its not even funny

flywheel bolts
flywheel
clutch kit
master/slave cylinders and lines
both pedal assemblies
transmission mount
transmission
shift linkages
shifter assembly sits in hole for auto on ek's so no cuttin required there
computer
miscellaneous hardware and few extra parts... please sumone else fill in where needed

hope this helps

S

·
0 Posts
not bad but at the same time not so complete

u have to use the 5 speed ecu... i may hook up my auto ecu i still have and see what happens but honestly, there is a whole lot more to swappin it out then that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts