Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wandered if any one on here has Turbo'd a SOHC ZC? its none Vtech too.

Got a Tegg RXi project an just seeing what people have done, and if they had trouble charging it? Im from the UK, an finding any form of info on the single cam ZC is prooving difficult, any help, would be great thanks guys.

Adam

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Yes. Lots and lots have

·
Registered
53 Posts
yes it can be done. The non-VTEC SOHC ZC as more aggressive cam timing but is similar to the D16A6 91–96 and D16Y4 96–2000 engine. Search and you will find all the info needed. Are you going to build the motor, or turbo it on stock internals?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it can be done. The non-VTEC SOHC ZC as more aggressive cam timing but is similar to the D16A6 91–96 and D16Y4 96–2000 engine. Search and you will find all the info needed. Are you going to build the motor, or turbo it on stock internals?

Its going on a stock engine, only low boost 6/7 PSi for the meantime while I bring the bodywork upto scratch, ideally i would put a H22 engine in it, but ive been told its not worth the trouble?

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
The engine might be worth the trouble, the transmissions aren't. There are adapter kits that allow you to bolt an H or F series block to a B or D-series transmission. I highly dislike dealing with the company, though. (Bisimoto is the only authorized dealer of the Evolution adapter kits, which, really sucks, IMO.) Anyway, If I ever wanted to NOT use a D-series in my CRX, I would move to the F22. The ports on that head are stupidly amazingly good. With a few simple modifications, it puts out a lot of HP, and more importantly a lot of torque. I would wager that a properly modified F22 swapped into your Integra would out-perform all but the most heavily modified H22s I've seen, and cost a whole lot less to do it. There are no issues with FRM sleeves, the engines are dirt cheap usually since almost nobody wants them, and, as I said, the ports on the F22 (non-VTEC SOHC) are ridiculously amazing.

So, there's another option for you.

Also, almost any SOHC turbo stuff applies to the non-VTEC D16s, too. Aside from a few peculiarities specific to the head (nothing really to worry about in your case), almost everything you can find on this site applies. Read through the stickies in the Forced Induction subforum, and you'll start to have a clue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The engine might be worth the trouble, the transmissions aren't. There are adapter kits that allow you to bolt an H or F series block to a B or D-series transmission. I highly dislike dealing with the company, though. (Bisimoto is the only authorized dealer of the Evolution adapter kits, which, really sucks, IMO.) Anyway, If I ever wanted to NOT use a D-series in my CRX, I would move to the F22. The ports on that head are stupidly amazingly good. With a few simple modifications, it puts out a lot of HP, and more importantly a lot of torque. I would wager that a properly modified F22 swapped into your Integra would out-perform all but the most heavily modified H22s I've seen, and cost a whole lot less to do it. There are no issues with FRM sleeves, the engines are dirt cheap usually since almost nobody wants them, and, as I said, the ports on the F22 (non-VTEC SOHC) are ridiculously amazing.

So, there's another option for you.

Also, almost any SOHC turbo stuff applies to the non-VTEC D16s, too. Aside from a few peculiarities specific to the head (nothing really to worry about in your case), almost everything you can find on this site applies. Read through the stickies in the Forced Induction subforum, and you'll start to have a clue.
This Well written post sir.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts