Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
intercooler question

ok im thinkin of ways to route intercooler piping on the driver side so i can mount the battery to the frame rail and i came along this pic so can u tell me ideas on what you think on this pic pros and cons and ne ideas u have cause i wanna do something like this but idk

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
That could easily be done, I think your only problem would be bumper clearance. All you need to do is clock the turbo and get some elbows. I have never seen this before, seems like a good way to reduce some piping!

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That could easily be done, I think your only problem would be bumper clearance. All you need to do is clock the turbo and get some elbows. I have never seen this before, seems like a good way to reduce some piping!
yeah it would be thats why i wanna see some feedback on this

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,748 Posts
slight shorter FMIC and use a "backdoor" end tank on the inlet side, that would eliminate two of the 90 degree bends.

for example, BOV on the inlet endtank

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i knw i could use a backdoor but i wanna see wat the go autoworks kit i have now can do before i spend ne more money ( and thats not sayin ne thing against greg and his work at all ) on a backdoor

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What track rules wont let you move the battery to the trunk but they will let you move it to the framerail?
its not they wont but they want more stuff to be done (like a kill switch if the battery in the rear of the car) and i dont want to do any of that stuff trying to finish the car up and get it out to the track before summers over

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts