Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so, ima bout to finish my turbo set up{just need a mani.} and my friend says with my set up ill be lucky to hit mid 15's!!!! Can any1 ease my mind what do you think ill run???
d16a6 block [stock internals] w/ z6 head
T25 turbo 8lbs of boost for now
y8 intake mani
450cc inj.
afc neo+wideband= tuning
open down pipe
coilovers with the front end slammed (it hooks pretty good)

my friend is a SOHC hater so idk if he knows what hes talkin about LMK guys!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
There was a local guy that use to run a t25, on 10 or 11 psi (I don't remember),dsm 450's hf manifold and bmcrace.com adapter plate on crome and dynoed 197hp and 186 ft-lbs.Other then arp's it was a stock internal z6 with nothing else done to it.

In a gutted 92-95 hatch he was running Mid/high 13's I don't remember exactly.If your any kind of half way decent driver you will break 15s lol,Hell you don't even need F/I to do that.

On another note why the afc neo?

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
i hit 14.9 with a similar setup (considering you're gonna use an hf manifold) and there was a lot more it could give.... so tell your friend he is an idiot.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On another note why the afc neo?
my friend had one for sale cheap and i know a few people that have them and like their results and id rather pay 200 bucks once than buy a chip or somethin and have to get new ones when i crank the boost up i just think its easiest for me right now

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
the afc hack is baaaad news. lots of people go lean and blow an cylinder wall or ring land. i strongly reccomend getting a chipped ecu, chip burner, and a wideband o2 sensor. you only spend the money once, and your motor might last long enough to be built someday :TU:

chipped ecu (usually comes with a rewritable chip): 125ish
wideband (get a good one, plxm300 is what i use): <300shipped on ebay new
chip burner (moates burn 1 only way to go...): 85 shipped.

take a ripper while watching boost gauge, tach and wideband (easier to have someone drive for you), take notes, adjust in crome free or uberdata or whatever, reburn, insert fresh chip and take another ripper.

spend 200 once and spend 300+ replacing motor, OR spend 550ish the first time and have everything be safe and you have it forever..... your choice...

and im sure everyone else on here will agree.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
I agree the hack is bad news, as far as what you will run, it depends on the tune and cars weight. the parts you mentioned have the potential to make any where from 150 to 210 hp, you should consider a small dsm turbo instead, a 14b for example is small and cheap yet can reach 225 hp on a D, but i would suggest a 16g, or maybe the big 16g , a normal 16 g will allow you to hit 250-275 whp if you really want 14s and by that i mean easy 14s all day long you will need to make a little more power then a t25 on a stock motor can make, however be warned the stock rods can only handle about double what the motor makes stock. this is where a good tune comes in, a good non detonating tune will go a long way to make the stock rods and pistons last when pushed past their safe limits.

·
Lurking... &#3232;_&#3232; In Your Thread
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
blah

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ive been playing with the neo since i got it doing some tuning for fun cuz my cars na now with 450cc inj so as u can imagine running pretty rich. i dont understand why u would all of a sudden just go lean out of no where using a neo right now my afr @wot stays between 13.2~13.5 and at low throttle it stays between 14.4~14.7 before i got it my afr was like 11.5 wot and lt so i think the afc helped me out there and when i turbo it i can adjust the correction on it and go.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
as they mentioned, id get a slightly bigger turbo. 8 lbs from that thing isnt hardly anything.lol I ran 15psi from a t3/t04e 57 trim on a stock d16z6 with 450cc injectors, and a street tune lasted over a year. wide open everyday reving to 8000 !! GL though

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
you should get a bigger turbo, cranking the boost up some will just make it blow hotter air.

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
hi pissed, i'm remo.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
really?? why would it make the air warmer, is it because it spins faster and creates more friction? if so iut doesn't seem as though it would make that big of a difference in temp. after the fmic. would the air be so hot that id be gettin pre ignition like crazy?

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
wouldnt it be because its compressing the air too much and not enough flow? kind of like an air compressor pushing high psi, the hose can get super hot... sorry im super tired and probably sound retarded tonite.

better to be pissed of than pissed on i suppose

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.