Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
civic ex
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well bad news was driving this morning, passed a slow moving vehicle in the process i hit about 6k in 3rd and felt a shudder/pop, 4-5mins later while crusing a ticking/knocking noise happen to start.

looking for insight on where i should start, the noise is only while crusing alittle on accel not on decel or idle if you bring it up to 2k you can faintly hear it. No CEL. sounds like upper end noise

My boss thinks a broken wrist pin or cracked piston. The lead tech in my shop is going to rip her down ( i thankfully have an aftermarket warrenty).

we thought maybe a peice of carbon but after sucking water threw and a motorvac still there. I'm pulling the plug to #1 on monday, we isolated the nosie to #1 by killing the cylinder.

I will we gratful if someone has been here before.

I have 120k on it did the t-belt 2wks ago

alright thank you for any info you might have and i will post pics once i have some to post

·
Registered
civic ex
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just changed the oil the old oil was very airated but that where we'll prolly start

·
Registered
311 Posts
i say bent rod same prob as in mine check the compression in the cylinder

·
Registered
253 Posts
i say bent rod same prob as in mine check the compression in the cylinder
yeah happened to me too except i dropped down 2nd going 70 and flooded in the redline, threw a code but it went away after 2 days, sometimes my idle drops dangerously low to shutting off the car but other than that it still drives the same. If you have the money id say go and get it checked out.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
a bent rod, spun bearing, or anything else moving wud not go away if you killl the cylinder, it wud still be moving, thus still makin the sound.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
I'll bet dollars to donuts it's a main or rod bearing. Drop the oil pan (oil still in it), pull the baffle out, and pour the oil out. My guess is you'll see a bunch of shavings in the bottom of the pan.
il put my money and donuts thats this is your problem

·
Registered
civic ex
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah might be carbon it is weird the the nosie leaves when #1 is killed (taking the load off)

·
Registered
civic ex
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well update ill post pics tomorrow spun #1 rod bearing and #3 main bearing if warrenty denies my claim time to build it or swap it but ill be down for some time anways ttyl

·
Registered
civic ex
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update

Well got a new engine today a Japenese D-17A had to change only the timeing belt but ill have some items form sale such as a wiring harness for vtec motor and a P/S pump among soem of the items anyway laters and ty for the help..

Also the turbo build begins Old motor still in good shape block in good shape time to start the build

·
Registered
my civic
918 Posts
yeah happened to me too except i dropped down 2nd going 70 and flooded in the redline, threw a code but it went away after 2 days, sometimes my idle drops dangerously low to shutting off the car but other than that it still drives the same. If you have the money id say go and get it checked out.
i have a question! haha

can your car go 70 in 2nd? lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
i have a question! haha

can your car go 70 in 2nd? lol
dude i have no idea i just know when i put it in second on accident i held the clutch in and coasted in neutral into the off-lane and gave my car like a 10 minute break haha

i was scared shitless i thought i blew up my engine.

·
Registered
311 Posts
no it cuts off at anout 98 kn/h in 2nd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts