Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been browsing the forum for a few months and figured I should probably make an account. Picked up a green 95 dx hatch a little over a year ago as a dd, loving the gas millage. Previous owner did a bunch of stuff to it but no go fast parts. Slowly been adding stuff, but looking to do more to get a little quicker on a budget.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Living in cali so I can't go too crazy on the mods, but I'd like to swap in a d16z6 and b000 tranny to pep it up. As of now I've got a 2.75" CAI, wrapped 4-2-1 headers, Megan racing cat delete resonator, 2.5" mandrel bent cat back with Magnaflow muffler, and a short throw shifter with weighted skunk2 knob. Previous owner put on bilstein hd shocks, bigger sway bars, strut tower bar, slotted rotors and Rota slip style wheels. It's pretty zippy and handles pretty well, just want more acceleration and maybe a brake upgrade down the line. Unfortunately the paint is bad, clear coat peeling and such, but I care not about the way it drives than the way it looks. I'll try to get some pictures up soon, but haven't been on photobucket in years, but I'll try to remember my password or maybe just make a new one lol.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
where at in cali are you located? i live in cali and i boosted my hx coupe and now my ex sedan, i live in a non smog county though so i only have to smog my car once for the life i own it. if your car is not to blinged out and you dont go to street races or anything to draw attention you should be alright to turbo your car.

a jrsc would a little more legal than a turbo though and they are a little harder to find.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Sacramento, have to smog it bi-yearly and the cops are pretty aggressive around here. Got pulled over for speeding and he said he could write me a ticket for the aftermarket muffler, lol. I told him he couldn't since you can do whatever you want from the cat back as long as it's under the noise limit. He gave up on that after some back and forth. Good thing he didn't have me pop my hood lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts