Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Honda Civic Si
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Brand new to d-series! Just got my hands on a 1998 civic si (canadian) d16y8 for $700. By no means an expert here but have a decent grasp on mechanics and always willing to learn. This car had some issues when I got it. Mainly a leaky heater hose and broken knock sensor causing a CEL. Runs great now! Eventually would like to turbo this little gem but I am aware I have many of hours of research to go, any nudges in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm currently in the process of building my y8 for boost. Going Vitara and skunk2 long rods going for 400. With the y8 do some research on the oil pump since ours suck compared to the z6. I think all the info you'd need is already on here somewhere just need to search.

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
I'm currently in the process of building my y8 for boost. Going Vitara and skunk2 long rods going for 400. With the y8 do some research on the oil pump since ours suck compared to the z6. I think all the info you'd need is already on here somewhere just need to search.
I would lean more towards the oiling journals on the crank, Y8 has one compared to the Z6 having two, hence most people porting the Y8 pump to create more flow, or using the Z6 crank. Just my two cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts