Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, since you dont recieve any pm's this is the only way to ask you..

how much moneys would you charge if i were to ship you my y8 tranny with a quaife lsd, and carbon 3/4 synchros to take a look at it, and get it right... it also has a new 3/4 shifter fork and new countershaft bearings. im tired of f*cking with it and i need a good tranny to mate to my block so i can finally go 10's... i believe it may need a new 3rd gear, and slider or a good used one...

OR a price if i were to ship you just my quaife, and the carbon synchros and the new countershaft bearings....

i got a couple quotes already for 600 bucks shipped to my door if i were to send my quaife out, and get a rebuilt transmission back... but im sure you can cut me a good deal. ive been dealing with transmission problems for a while now and its holding my car back, and im sure your aware of my problems because ive posted before..

thanks

·
Registered
Whatever I like
99 Posts
Good luck with your trans issues, I've been there bud. It sucks soo bad to waste passes with miss'd shifts, or having to short shift a gear because its the only way you can hit it.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
$600 to install your quaife into a different tranny sounds like a deal to me.

I've been so busy working on my own POS's that I haven't touched a transmission in several weeks.

$150-200 labor plus parts, about $125 in parts just for the LSD install alone. then 3rd gear if needed....as well as slider/hub.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ok, so i would give you my quaife, carbon synchros, and you will install them into a "rebuilt" y8 case that you have for 600..??

the quaife lsd already has new bearings, so those wouldnt have to be changed, and if you would like, i have 2 new countershaft bearings that i could send you also if that would save me any type of money... i will start tearing into the tranny most likely this saturday, and then get your information... is there any other way to contact you other then posting in this thread?

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you give me a break down of what you will be replacing and doing...

ill send you the following...
quaife lsd with good bearings already on the lsd.
2 new countershaft bearings.
new 3/4th shifter fork
3/4th gear carbon synchros

i believe thats everything i have thats new.

i just hope it will hold up and go into gear smoothly.. but i guess hugo's tranny is holding up still that you built for him..

i was told that the tranny can be shimmed differently or something for race applications? wish you had some zc gears laying around or something.. maybe i will get a longer first gear, so 2nd gear wont be as long, if i can have the moneys together.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
I do get PM's, just not stupid ones, I delete those. Threads work as well.

The above price was on your tranny. Y8 trannys I try fit 92-95 sliders in them when I have extras to play with.

Why would you be tearing into the tranny before shipping it????

While I do have buildible cores here, I've been tending to my own fleet of cars, something I've neglected for too long, this it top priority until end of month. I freaking HOPE I'm done by then!

Fitting 5g 3-4 slider into a S40 case takes time. If I find access to a Bridgeport mill, it will take less time.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do get PM's, just not stupid ones, I delete those. Threads work as well.

The above price was on your tranny. Y8 trannys I try fit 92-95 sliders in them when I have extras to play with.

Why would you be tearing into the tranny before shipping it????

While I do have buildible cores here, I've been tending to my own fleet of cars, something I've neglected for too long, this it top priority until end of month. I freaking HOPE I'm done by then!

Fitting 5g 3-4 slider into a S40 case takes time. If I find access to a Bridgeport mill, it will take less time.
you stated 600 was installing the quaife into a different tranny... which would mean that mine is not needed other than the quaife... at least thats how i took it....? if my transmission is going to need 3/4 slider and 3rd gear... that alone is around 200+ just in parts, so in that case its best to just send you the good parts i have, and not have to worry about shipping a transmission thats going to need 200+ just in the gear parts..

im serious about doing this, so what would be the total cost for me to ship those parts i listed in my other post to you and get a great shifting transmission back.... only reason i dont wanna really use a 92-95 tranny is because of the shift forks..

thanks again

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
i got a couple quotes already for 600 bucks shipped to my door if i were to send my quaife out, and get a rebuilt transmission back...
$600 to install your quaife into a different tranny sounds like a deal to me.
By that I meant if you have a quote from someone else for $600, go for it.

That is if they are up to our standards, Aquafina and me.

Personally, I don't see much tranny work in my plans until August, honestly. I haven't had a vacation, even just a good weekend in almost 4 years, time for me.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the 600 dollar quote was from synchrotech transmission in california... they do dog boxes and everything, im sure you heard of them... but they will charge me another 100 if i dont send him a core.

so your not interested in building one at the moment...???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts