Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. heres the scoop.... i have an automattic cluster in my car. i have it for the tach. now i removed the white assembly behind where the PRND21 is displayed
now my temp gauge doesnt work. i assume this assembly was used as a jumper for a ground or something.. but i no longer have this assembly. so. does anyone know which contact points on the cluster i need to jump wiht a wire to complete the circuit to my clusters temp gauge? i now have my oem one in so i know my temp but id like to have my cluster with tach back in there..

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
if you take it out, you can find it with a multimeter set to ohms. the back of the civic clusters are tricky when it comes to power and ground in series.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I did the same thing when I had my coupe but when I removed mine everything still werked it shouldhave anything to do with the temp

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i did.. lol. anyone have any pics to help me out here?

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
maybe the temp gauge failed?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
idk. i need to get this assembliey bak in to test it out

·
Registered
91 CRX SI
409 Posts
This happened on my 91 crx. Found out if the two pieces for the gauges arn't really tight together it won't move. Try squezing it together tighter or press hard on the front of it and see if it works.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This happened on my 91 crx. Found out if the two pieces for the gauges arn't really tight together it won't move. Try squezing it together tighter or press hard on the front of it and see if it works.
it moves fine.. it shoots straight up... ibut when its raining out.. it doesnt.... i discovered this last rainfall... any clues as to what that is?

·
Registered
1989 Civic hatch
68 Posts
OK I'm looking at the wiring diagram here...there is a lead that comes off of the AT indicator solid state module (that you no longer have). The lead is shared with coolant temp, left turn, right turn, and high beam indicators (this is a ground lead). Do you still have these indicators? I would say that if you have left turn, right turn and high beam indicators, then your coolant temp gauge is bad. The leads for the AT indicator solid state module are: PRND4D321, 4 wires for power, ground, and interior lights system, and then the lead we are talking about might be separate?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts