Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Injectors on my d15b2 are chattering and causing hunting idle or the car to strait die. So, I've decided to go ahead and dig out my d16a6 manifold I have lying around. Only issue I have is that I'm missing a ton of shit for it;
  • Injectors
  • Fuel rail
  • Fuel injectors
  • MAP sensor
  • EACV
  • IAT Sensor
  • TPS
  • "literally everything that goes on the intake besides the throttle body"
Can any of that swap over from DPFI or do I need MPFI specific MAP sensor ect? And yes, I still need an ECU. Currently hunting on good ol' Ebay. lol Any help would be much appreciated. I know all these MPFI swap threads have been beat to death with questions and a ton of write ups. But it seems in my research all I can find is the definitive "just swap the whole thing over, duh". Maybe I answered my own question...

·
Registered
'91 CRX DX, D15B (D15Z7), DX L3
53 Posts
The DPFI MAP sensor (on the firewall) will work. So will the IAT, though you'll want a new o-ring. That's it.
The DPFI injectors get installed in the throttle body and are side-fed by a passage machined into the TB, so there's no separate fuel rail and no way to use them on the MPFI manifold. The EACV has a different part number and the coolant hoses stick off in different directions... I haven't tried to bolt one up to see what happens. The DPFI TPS spins in the opposite direction, so no joy there either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the response. I'll get to the MPFI swap eventually. Once I do it I kind of want to start fresh with all new stuff to mitigate any check engine lights or performance issues off the jump. Although, still debating on whether or not to go ODB 0 or just save myself the heartache in the future and go OBD 1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts