Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is one job they couldnt pay me enough to do.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MlVxRdTnNqI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mTOChPRuqVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9b9LahaBJIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XZTNzE2Juvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AHe3mRo4jGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
holy shit. Fuck that.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THere is a guy on one of my gun forums that does this stuff for a living. Great guy, he has had a wide range of folks from different backgrounds (including military vets, firefighters, even a couple pilots) try this and they walked away after the 1st day according to him lol.

He starts the new folks out at 14 a hour and pay caps out at about 25-32 a hour

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
My buddy started off climbing and rigging, moved to hooking up the fiber on the ground....now he runs his own crew and makes WELL over 100k a year. Dangerous but not a bad place to start with no real education.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
<< no thank you >>!

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
Job application says "must have balls of steel"

Can't believe OSHA approves of this.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
i cant believe the shit pay...

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
my local CL has ads for wireless tower tech's

these are a helluva lot more then the towers down here.

1700 ft = 170 story building.
Hope these guys carry a chute!

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Every other one of the points that they hook onto are these little baby stubs that look like if you did fall, the cable would jump right off of it. thats crazy to me that OSHA approves that technique lol

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
damn i wanna do this.

is there a place for a 44yr old guy like me?

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Why can't I see the picture?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I have no background nor education on working on such things, but I'd do it in a heartbeat. I have NO fear of heights.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That have me that not so good feeling and I had to smoke a cig just after watching it. At my work we have the flags coming off the side of the building on the 13th floor, the platform is steel grating, I stuck my head out of the door and looked down. Seems I couldn't poop for a week. Screw that shit.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
NO thank you

1 - 20 of 26 Posts