Honda D Series Forum banner

HELPPPP!!! NITROUS Zex Wet Kit Button Setup

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  SprayMySol 
#1 ·
Is it safe if I use the switch that came with the wet zex kit as an armed switched and then have a button on my steering wheel to spray as much or as LITTLE as I want. I am not sure if I have to spray the full ten seconds or if I used a button and just tapped it for a second or tapped it a couple times to try to keep traction if it would mess anything up.

so heres what I am saying

normal setup
-----------switch included with kit-----------
spray for ten seconds when armed

i want to do this
------------switch for armed--------button to spray-------------
and not spray the full ten seconds

Is that safe??? what are some suggestions or outcomes by doing it this way... this is my first nitrous kit

check out my pic gallery for my list of mods if that is a factor

See less See more
#2 ·
i did mine this way, but it would have been faster with a full throttle setup. why not just flip the toggle switch when you want it to spray, and flip it off when you dont, just put it within reach.... that would be the easiest in my oppinion.

#3 ·
I dont like the toggle switch

I dont like the toggle switch, i would rather arm it with the toggle and use a push button to spray i have a wide open throttle switch that the toggle is connected to

I just wanted to know if it was dangerous to not spray the full 10 seconds, i think letting go of the button on my steering wheel is quicker than turning off the toggle switch, i want to have the toggle to arm it and the button to spray, you know the toggle will be my safety and it can only spray anyways at WOT

i would really like to be able to tap my button to keep traction

just wondering how safe that is, like backfire, and shit

#5 ·
I dont like the toggle switch, i would rather arm it with the toggle and use a push button to spray i have a wide open throttle switch that the toggle is connected to

I just wanted to know if it was dangerous to not spray the full 10 seconds, i think letting go of the button on my steering wheel is quicker than turning off the toggle switch, i want to have the toggle to arm it and the button to spray, you know the toggle will be my safety and it can only spray anyways at WOT

i would really like to be able to tap my button to keep traction

just wondering how safe that is, like backfire, and shit
where are you losing traction? i never had a problem with traction with my ls on a 75 shot. no point in spraying in first tho. hit second, flip switch and go, just dont powershift and stay in the spray, cause fuel cut revlimiter and nitrous dont get along

#8 ·
:bigrofl:

#6 · (Edited)
BLEH

I dont think anyone is following me

here is the setup

I have a wide open throttle switch, then a toggle switch---that is as far as the stock set up goes

i want to add a push button to the toggle switch to turn it into an armed switch

MY QUESTION IS

I want to flip the toggle switch to arm it but it WONT SPRAY UNTIL I PUSH THE MOMENTARY PUSH BUTTON
Can I spray just a little tap on my push button and it be safe? Like half a second, one second, two, three, you get the point
PS I have self control for not holding down the button until i redline and eventually bottomline(if you know what i mean)BOOM! there goes the block :p

My motor has 176,000 on it and it is a stock D15B7
it has a SRI-71MM TB-68MM IM-9.3 PLUG WIRES-TRIPLE GROUND ZEX PLUGS-4-2-1-HEADER

The Zex kit is a WET SHOT spraying ~55HP it has the electronic silenoid with a wot switch

Oh yeah another good question is this is the ELECTRONIC SILENOID that is why i am asking if its safe

#7 ·
i just dont understand the point, you are not going to know when you motor is going to go to let off the button. tapping the button down the track will not help anything. and on a 55shot. you will not have to worry about traction.

#10 ·
yes it is fine to only press the button for just a sec or less, just be sure that you are at full throttle.

many great bracket racers have nitrous just to press for a half a second or so just to make up a hundreth of a second or 2 if they spin the tires

ps 1st gear is wear most of the et gain in nitrous comes from provided you can do so with out excessive wheelspin, having it on a button gives you more control and you can be on and off the nitrous multiple times example in first gear press the button tires spin lift off the button but stay full throttle then when traction comes back go back to the nitrous.

#11 ·
Get rid of the WOT switch and just use a momentary button when it is armed. As in WOT switch are you talking about the little switch that bolts on to your t-body? I never liked those. Too many mishaps. Bolts coming loose and losing a race. Or just not working altogether

#13 · (Edited)
i started hooking it up today

i have an electronic zex solenoid that comes with the zex wet kit
both solenoids for fuel and nos are built in along with a WOT switch

the wide open throttle switch connects to the tps sensor

you tap a wire and program the solenoid computer by turning the key on and off three times or something and stomping the gas then the light blinks on the solenoid comp and it is programmed

I am going to have a toggle switch to arm my nitrous(arm as in make it so when i push my button it sprays the arm switch is for safety) then i will have the button on my steering wheel to spray when the toggle switch is armed

i will also have a purge button on my steering wheel

i just wanted to know if the electronic solenoid would work with a push button

if you cant comprehend the armed button just imagine i am using the zex solenoid with a push button and wot built into the solenoid

i wanted to know if that was safe if the electronic solenoid would allow a push button... i dont see why not but i heard the electronic solenoid sprays for 10 seconds

i guess dude answered my question

the setup was really easy though, for fuel i tapped the line from the fuel filter to the rail with a t fitting and hooked up everything but the wires to the solenoids and the nitrous line to the bottle

i want a 1.5l obx bottle to go in the glove box and drill a hole in the firewall
how many 55 shots and purge taps is that roughly

i have a 10lb bottle and dont want to run the line to the trunk
where is the best place to run the line on a del sol

i havent jacked it up to look but the frame rail seems like it bends past the trunk and would be hard to continue running i want to run it in the frame rail

i want to spray 1st through third at the track so traction would be a problem im sure in 1st
is it safe to tap the button(like they have a kit that sends pulses to the solenoid to keep traction so isnt tapping the button the same thing)

oh yeah and i was curious on a stock 1.5l with 176,000 miles if a 75 shot would hold up, check my pic gallery for bolt ons, i have intake, tb, im, ex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.