Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a double post but I thought maybe this would be a better section for it. So I have been trying to get my car running right. The car was shooting lean once it started to spool up so I took out the ecu and it smelled burnt, so I invested in a new ecu and it didnt do anything different so I took off the 2.5 bar map sensor thinking maybe the map was bad, I replaced it with a 3 bar gm map sensor and changed the ecu to a 3 bar and what not. Well I started it and it was idling at 10:1. So I figured that it must just need fuel taken out so my tuner hooked it up and it wont go anymore lean. We hooked up a new tps and it still did the same thing. I have replaced everything and tried everything I can think of and nothing is working. The ecu is defenetly giving a signal cause the idle will change and everything. The injectors are 550cc. I am at a loss to what I should do and my tuner is at a loss of what it could be. Is there maybe something that we are missing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing when they put in a new version of eCtune. It turned out to be the way the ELD tables were set up IIRC.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine was doing the same thing when they put in a new version of eCtune. It turned out to be the way the ELD tables were set up IIRC.
Well I acctually had it dissabled in crome and it didnt change anything. I put the 2.5 bar sensor back on and it seemed to have been more responsive than the 3 bar but still we could only get the car to around 11.4:1 with all the fuel we could possibly take out taken out. we tested the voltage on both sensors and they are getting the right voltage and the signal wire is wired directly to the ecu.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts