Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok yesterday i jus put my y8 head on my a6 block. i didnt really pay attention when setting the timing. but the belt is rubbing the mount is there a mount u have to change?? its in a 90 crx si.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also would it be alright if i run the obo b16 ecu?? intead of gettin a jumper an running a chipped p28.

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
I dont think the ecu would be approate for your situation. and to tighten your belt. Losen the tensioner, turn the pully with a 17mm socket on a wratchet, or breaker bar. Turn the pully towards the side that is loose. so if it is the left side that is lose, turn the pully counter clock wise. it will tighten it, but it may set off timing. Timing a honda is a Game. It took me awhile.

·
Registered
My Crix
1,169 Posts
When doing a head swap you always want to use the belt that corresponds with the head you are using. So mine would be a y8 belt. I put the belt on with the tensioner positioned slightly loose, loosen the tensioner bolt, rotate the motor 3 teeth on the cam gear, and retighten the tensioner bolt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the pm6 thats the si ecu right?? didnt know u could chip obo ecu's. its jus i have a friend that has a obo b16 ecu an thought i would run that until i get a jumper harness. after that i have sumone that will tune me on a p28 on a dyno, jus have to pay for dyno time.

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Yeah,Unfortunately the b16 will not work at all but use a si ecu and chip it thats what i got...It will work perfect for you then you wont need a jumper harness if your staying obd0........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts