Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ok im getting ready to buy a turbo kit for my civic and i need some info. It is between the greddy turbo kit or the edelbrock turbo kit which one do you guys prefer and which one puts out the most hp to the wheels on stock boost. I know the edelbrock @ 8 psi puts out 176 at the wheels i was wondering about the greddy.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
just so u kno building your own kit will prolly save you a few 100 bucks...but if u wanna kit get the edelbrock its a complete kit with fmic and u get a intake mani

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Heck, if you can easlily manage to fund a full kit at one time why not? Edelbrock kit FTW! though Greddy is a great contender itself...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i would do that but i dont have the time my car is my daily driver and i cant afford to have it down for to long. well at least until i get another car

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Personally i would just build my own kit...you can save a ton of money...its upto you though....Good luck either way
:TU:

the price on those kits are disgusting! you could build your own for half the price. check out www.homemadeturbo.com
you'll be thankful you did!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no i know about homemadeturbo.com but for me its different i need a direct bolt on kit where my car isnt down for days cause i cant afford to miss work

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
Hey guys ok im getting ready to buy a turbo kit for my civic and i need some info. It is between the greddy turbo kit or the edelbrock turbo kit which one do you guys prefer and which one puts out the most hp to the wheels on stock boost. I know the edelbrock @ 8 psi puts out 176 at the wheels i was wondering about the greddy.
homemade turbo kit>edelbrock>greddy>ssac kit

no i know about homemadeturbo.com but for me its different i need a direct bolt on kit where my car isnt down for days cause i cant afford to miss work
if you want to just throw a turbo kit on and call it a day then youre looking for trouble. those kits dont offer a proper engine management that is vital for a turboed car. ill lay a steaming pile of shit on top of the bluebox before i use that.
and although the edelbrock kit has a better im and turbo, it too lacks the management that a homemade kit can offer for less money.
a homemade kit will cost you less, make more power, and have a better engine management.
installation between a homemade kit and the other 2 are pretty much the same. you may have to spend a bit more time with the charge and intercooler piping. but for the most part its the same deal. use the money that you save from the homemade kit for a good tune.
homemade kits ownz

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
you can have a fully built engine and a HMT kit and still be less than the price of the edelbrock kit. If you take your time and choose the right parts and engine management AKA CROME, you car won't be down for very long, maybe a day at most. just make sure you have everything to put it together.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts