Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i bought a turbo,IC and manifold.....now my dad found out about it and is going nuts!!! like when he was 25 he built himself a sweet fiat 124 all motor like pretty much racecar so he knows his shit well. so now hes going on about how my engine is gonna blow, im gonna fry my rings, snap a rod.....etc... i just want to put a turbo on my car and run low boost

d16y8 200 000 km, good condition, always use synthetic oil

if i run 6 psi with a good tune on a p30 will this be ok?? and its only for this summer, once im done boot camp ill be buying forged internals. i know a bunch of you are running like 10 psi on stock internals....so am i good? or should i wait till i get forged internals??

thanks

edit: and yes im getting custom made chargepiping and downpipe i just didnt mention lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
6 psi is hardly a problem so long as you don't lean out during WOT so tell Dad that its okay...many drivers here can attest to the fact that 8psi stock internals is reliable..i for one can say so

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sohc_vtec 2NR said:
6 psi is hardly a problem so long as you don't lean out during WOT so tell Dad that its okay...many drivers here can attest to the fact that 8psi stock internals is reliable..i for one can say so

i know, but hes going on about his machine shop guy(who has 43 years experiance) is saying i will fry rings etc...its getting fucking annoying as hell all i want to do is run low boost....and hes freaking

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump! need more ppl so i can prove to my dad it wont *blow up* my engine:hammer:

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
just tell him its your car youll do what you want, if your paying for it then whats he care? low boost doesnt hurt anything
im guessing your dads machine shop guy is more into muscle cars by the way hes talking, just explain to him that your 1.6 has a lot more technology in it than his old small block

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
tell him to come talk to us, and that his machine shop guy may know cars, but how much does he really know about boosting hondas?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sonny7730 said:
tell him to come talk to us, and that his machine shop guy may know cars, but how much does he really know about boosting hondas?

yes if u want to see me 6 feet under:p he wont hear it and its getting on my nerves hes down my throat as soon as i speak.......like if i was running 10 it would be different....hes going on about how its made for n/a not f/i and im telling him im not looking for 400 hp....i just want to run low boost:(

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
well, you might want to remind him that you are not 5 years old, and you have been researching it. may i suggest "maximum boost" by corkey bell for him then. or: homemadeturbo.com, turbod16.com, hell even honda-tech.com but especially here.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sonny7730 said:
well, you might want to remind him that you are not 5 years old, and you have been researching it. may i suggest "maximum boost" by corkey bell for him then. or: homemadeturbo.com, turbod16.com, hell even honda-tech.com but especially here.

exactly....i have done my research and i made sure to talk to many ppl about it, besides d-series ive been talking to a few engine builders i know who all built crazy engines one built a 220 whp b20/b18c1 and the other built a 270 whp k24/k20a2 and i tihnk they would know their shit and everyone on d-series does also....thanks a lot guys ill show him this thread:)

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
well, 6psi is something... you'll ruin your motor if you haven't changed the tune. So prove to him that tuning is the key to keeping your rings happy. Also, internals are good to 250whp... so the pure power isn't going to ruin anything.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
stock b16a2 on 7psi with fmu on T3/t04,
2years no problems..and b16 is 10.2/1...you'll be fine..

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
makku said:
well, 6psi is something... you'll ruin your motor if you haven't changed the tune. So prove to him that tuning is the key to keeping your rings happy. Also, internals are good to 250whp... so the pure power isn't going to ruin anything.

i will prove it to him.....:D thanks for your help everyone

lovin my d brotheren:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts