Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just swapped d16Z6 and not starting.. it started and was running off 3 cylinders and was getting spark to the 4th. changed injectors and now it wont start. grounded the motor and i have no idea what is happening. need help please!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,033 Posts
because we can read your mind and know what chassis you have. changed the injectors for what? timing is correct? distributor in the right spot? thermostat ground clean and tight?

Reactions: drtalon123

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry i have a 94 eg coupe. i bought it and it was running om 3 cylinder. changed the injectors now it wont start up at all. thermostat ground is clean. it stopped turning on at all after injector swap.

·
5,033 Posts
why would you swap out the injectors? what did you swap them with? fuses blown? ignition coil working? timed correctly? cap and rotor good?
did you swap plug wires 3 and 4 around to see if the problem followed?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i checked the injectors and im sure one wasnt working so swapped them to new stock ones. new distributor aswell. i changed the distributor before the injectors and it kept running on 3. once i switched the injectors it wont turn on at all.

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
415 Posts
Cycle the key off and on about 2 dozen times in 5 second intervals, you likely have air in the rail, after that have someone crank it while you tap the injectors with a wrench, those "new" injectors have likely been sitting so long the lube dried up and stuck the pintels shut. Spark still good? KOEO fuel pressure?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok I'm going to give that a try tomorrow. ill keep you guys updated.

so when you bought it it ran on 3 cylinders ,you swapped in an other engine and it still runs on 3 cylinders?
no all i did was swap the distributor and injectors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nothing. im sure it has to do with throttle sensor or crank sensor. im going to check it tomorrow.

·
5,033 Posts
guess where the crank sensor is.....you've already replaced it

Reactions: shorty_boy

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Quit throwing money and parts at it.

Diagnose it. This is the perfect learning car, as the information is out there to properly diagnose each and every component.
Find a wiring diagram, look at wire colors.

Now match them to the fuel injectors, MAP sensor, TPS, distributor wiring. This confirms everything is in the correct place and order

·
Registered
415 Posts
Pictures help as well, or video, trying to help diagnose a car with 0 sensory input is very difficult, at least when my brother video calls me and asks whats wrong I can see and hear kinda. Question, does your check engine light illuminate for 3 secs at key on? This indicates fuel pump prime, if it does, remove the fuel pressure regulator from the rail, turn key to on and see if fuel squirts out.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
The key on thing usually works well to diagnose, but I have found the main relay to crack at the fuel pump pin, causing the CEL to illuminate proeprly, but the fuel pump to be irratic or not at all working.

Main relay, pop it off the driver* dash frame, and re-flow the solder joints. (slo edit)

It is caused by the many heating and cooling cycles of winter/summer, and especially the heating cycles of a hot car with the windows up in the summer. Cooks the crap out of the interior.

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it might be ecu but i dont want to keep wasting money on it. car was running before i swap injectors.. called a mechanic and he said the ecu was fried since the injector was getting power but not pulsing. he said the new injectors caused my ecu to fry... lmk what pic should i post to help with whats going on. thanks for everyone who is helping. ecu is p75

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i havent trien a new ecu. i never knew new injectors can cause ecu to fry. im lost and dont know how to get the injectors to pulse. the ecu has ground. injectors have power but no pulse.

·
Registered
415 Posts
New injectors will only damage an ecu if the impedance is wrong. No injector pulse likely means the ecu is not seeing the distributor rotate, try putting your old one back on and check for injector pulse, not uncommon to get a bad aftermarket distributor right out of the box.

·
5,033 Posts
why are you running a p75 and not a proper p28?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts