Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
street racing is frowned upon here. when all of the sudden my engine blew up. I have a 99 Lx d16y7 all stock. I'm in school and money is kind of tight right now. The cheapest route is to put a new y7 engine in it myself I suppose. Although I am no savant, I know a bit about HOW engines work. I was wondering if any of you guys had any pdf/blueprints that could aid me through the process of putting the new engine in it. I need the car running as soon as possible. Thanks

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Nothing much to removing a honda engine, its easier to remove the trans and engine at the same time rather than just the engine.(in my opinion)

Remove the wiring harness from the drivers side shock tower and allow the harness to drape over the engine, install the harness on to the new motor before installing the engine into the bay and then just plug back in.

instead of breaking lines on the powersteering and ac lines just remove the components as a whole and hang them off of the car so you can reinstall them when you get the new motor in.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts