Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Back to the D
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://world.honda.com/news/1998/4980903.html

Principal features of new Civic Ferio Vi-RS:

Disc brakes on all four wheels, with specially enlarged front discs (increased from 13" to 14")

IF u go to the link above, u'll see what's written in bold here.

I have the vi-rs model back at home. The brake rotor is bigger than that of the standard ek3 (ek3 =13", vi-rs= 14")
I need to buy new rotors before going back, I can't seem to convert the 14". Its not inch. The honda ppl in malaysia tells me its 162mm, and yesterday my mechanic sms'ed me its 28cm!!! :?
Which is which?

·
Back to the D
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know ;-)
What I want to know is the 14" is what??? I don't think its inches.. 355mm brake rotors on civic :p

·
Back to the D
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No its not 14 inches
14 inches = 35.56 centimeters or 355.6 millimeters.. and that's way too big.
I'm guessing its the same size as the civic type r ek9 but I don't know if the ek9 and ek4 JDM is same as EK4 malaysian!!
The Honda dealer in Malaysia sucks, I tried to get a quotation for DOG and they are still loking for it. I think DOG already got the parts by himself.
I asked them about the rotors if its the malaysian civic and japanese civic has the same rotor size and one told me yes, another guy told me that the malaysian rotor is smaller...

J

·
0 Posts
Prakash said:
No its not 14 inches
14 inches = 35.56 centimeters or 355.6 millimeters.. and that's way too big.
I'm guessing its the same size as the civic type r ek9 but I don't know if the ek9 and ek4 JDM is same as EK4 malaysian!!
The Honda dealer in Malaysia sucks, I tried to get a quotation for DOG and they are still loking for it. I think DOG already got the parts by himself.
I asked them about the rotors if its the malaysian civic and japanese civic has the same rotor size and one told me yes, another guy told me that the malaysian rotor is smaller...
okay try it another way. Get the malyasian honda part # for the EK4 then call honda japan and ask for their partnumber for the EK4 if its the same then you are good to go!.

-Juan

·
Back to the D
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mark7901 said:
What measurements of the rotors you have on their now?
??
The rotors on my car are "14"
I need to convert it in cm or mm and te "14" is not inch. I don't know what measurement it is!

jclanza said:
okay try it another way. Get the malyasian honda part # for the EK4 then call honda japan and ask for their partnumber for the EK4 if its the same then you are good to go!.

-Juan
The malaysian honda dealership is horrbile!
But thx, I'll do it with the singaporean honda dealer! :)
I did not think about that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts