Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a d15b6 and i did some reading on here and i curious to what head would work nice with my block i wanna build up my engine but i don't wanna do a bseries swap im trying to beat my friend with a jdm b16a in a SI rex i have a hf rex so i got him beat with weight

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
i don't know the b6... is it the original engine for the HF? Cause that's 8 valve, so you'd need to swap your pistons to get a 16-valve head. maybe you mean b8?

Just get a whole new engine... not a B. But a d16z6, d16y8, or even a D15B if you can get one. I have one and I like it alot. Still, you probably would have to do a little more than just a new engine to beat your friend... unless he's a bad driver.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it's the hf motor and yes he sucks at racing lol so no other head will work on this block or pistons? ...ect :???:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much do a6's cost and will it bolt right in? 91 hf

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd do a Z6 or a Y8 as there are tons of them out there and there are parts galore. Also, if you blow one, the bill is fairly small. The ZC is a great engine but they are increasingly rare and shops and junk yards are getting wise so the price is climbing. There are other ways to make the -maybe- 9hp that the DOHC will net after some dyno work and if there is FI in your future, after 250 to the ground, does it really matter which engine?

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
we've missed you DseriesScience! as for the poster, I'm with makku. look for a z6 or y8 swap, and then build that. you'll net more gains than sticking with the motor you've got, and if i remember correctly it pretty much bolts right in. can anyone back this up for me??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts