Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm new to this forum and have mentioned before that I dont know much about parts, engine building etc..

My exgaust has a hole in it and is not repairable due to the amount of rust and corrosion on the exhaust. So I decided to buy a performance exhaust sytem. I am not looking for any performance at the moment due to a tight budget so how much could I pick up a decent exhaust system for? This is mainly for looks so looking for something that isn't too big and quiet.

i also found a cheap 4-2-1 header on ebay. here is the link...

Honda Civic Del Sol Crxl Exhaust Manifold SOHC D Engine on eBay (end time 19-Sep-09 11:20:09 BST)

is this headeer any good? is it an upgrade to my stock header? It is quite cheap so i'm guessing its a stock header coated in stainless steel...

·
Registered
'95 DX Coupe (Red)
457 Posts
if you dont pay much, you wont get much... decent stuff cost money for a reason, it isnt stock, its probly made in a sweat shop in some 5th world country by people who make $10 a week... if your short on cash go to a you-pull-it junkyard and find something in serviceable condition, probly spend $50-$75 at most and get something that will probly last longer then that ebay 'treasure'

sloopy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
then for you to run that header, you'll have to get a new cat that'll hook up after the header, then either cut your exhaust piping so it fits or get a new catback
Thanks for the help! Think I might just wait and get a better one. On the look for a good exhaust system first, if anyone could give me a few sites i could check out would appreciate alot!:yes:

·
Registered
97 del Sol S
562 Posts
no matter what header you get you're going to have to run the exhaust setup i explained, unless you run no cat, then you could run your stock exhaust, but you'll get check engine lights and wont pass an emissions test

the exhaust depends on how much you wanna spend, you can always have a muffler shop make you one too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts