Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,i have a complete d16y8,running obd1,with a chiped and tuned p28.well any way when im in fourth gear and only fourth running my car hard i throw cel 22,it is vtec.no other gear does this,does any one know how to fix this

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
no,oil is perfect does not make any since,it runs perfect through thired gear,and then when i hit 5000 rpm it throws a check engine light code 22,witch is vtec

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
no oil light ever or anything like that,the vtec selanoid is full of oil.i have a light inside of my car so when vtec comes on it lights up,as soon as it lights up in fourth gear,it goes off and throws that code.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
o yea while i have you guys on here what is the highest that you can rev safly with a d16y8 with arp head bolts other wise stock besides headers,full exhaust,intake,rc270 injectors,and a chiped and tuned p28,and an ls throttle body whether that makes a differents or not

·
Registered
2004 Ram 5.7
1,013 Posts
I'd get the problem solved before I worry about rev limit.

Source a junkyard and an extra solenoid to make sure it isn't the problem.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
o yea while i have you guys on here what is the highest that you can rev safly with a d16y8 with arp head bolts other wise stock besides headers,full exhaust,intake,rc270 injectors,and a chiped and tuned p28,and an ls throttle body whether that makes a differents or not
Why did you go down in CC's? stock y8/z6 injectors are 280's... safe rev limit is 7500 daily driver atleast thats what i run. Sure i could probibally run a lttle more but -shrug-.

Code 22 is vtec pressure switch, meaning for some reason in fourth gear under high load your vtec solenoid isnt seeing the pressure that it requires to engage vtec. Or, you have a loose ground wire.

killing me smalls. killing me.

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,665 Posts
Why did you go down in CC's? stock y8/z6 injectors are 280's... safe rev limit is 7500 daily driver atleast thats what i run. Sure i could probibally run a lttle more but -shrug-.

Code 22 is vtec pressure switch, meaning for some reason in fourth gear under high load your vtec solenoid isnt seeing the pressure that it requires to engage vtec. Or, you have a loose ground wire.

killing me smalls. killing me.
Stock Y8/Z6 injectors are 240ccs so he did go up.

OP: Where's your VTEC cross over set to?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts