Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an automatic 2000 civic ex coupe but my block is cracked. I recently purchased a Z6 head and block and was wondering if I could still use the y8 tranny, ecu, and wiring harness. I was told that I would have to buy a jumper harness to make it work which is fine but I want to know for sure if this is all I would need to make it work and where can I find the proper jumper harness being that it is an automatic?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well for right now im just swapping the block and head, my old y8 is done. Im a little new to the scene that's why I asked about the jumper harness.

·
Registered
1996 Honda Civic EX
49 Posts
I'm in the same boat except:

I'm using the z6 Block
Y8 everything else.

This way I can keep everything OBD2 I just need to run a p28 ecu jumper harness and done. I believe.

Plus this will bump the compression a bit.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
So I have an automatic 2000 civic ex coupe but my block is cracked. I recently purchased a Z6 head and block and was wondering if I could still use the y8 tranny, ecu, and wiring harness. I was told that I would have to buy a jumper harness to make it work which is fine but I want to know for sure if this is all I would need to make it work and where can I find the proper jumper harness being that it is an automatic?
dont mess with the wiring harness, just unplug everything from the motor you just bought and plug everything in from the car to the engine. Retain the y8 intake manifold and swap it to the new motor. You may have to swap oil pumps unless you do the ckf bypass. your also going to need to tap the knock sensor hole in the back of the block to screw the knock sensor into.

Do not just let the knock sensor hang, it will throw a code and you will hate life attempting to thread that damn thing while its in the car.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
omg, why are these threads being revived? why is sod saying the same shit in all these revived threads. the fuck

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Damn N00bs!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts