Honda D Series Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
if it was the Dizzy what dizzy do you have a Z6 or the A6 i have the A6 but the Z6 head i replaced the coil in the zizzy and the car and rotor could it be the dizzy with me too??

·
Registered
1988 CRX HF
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I have neither I have a DOHC ZC which takes the 88-89 integra dizzy (td03u)
I think it was the crank sensor that was bad in mine so I jus replaced the whole dizzy. If i were you I would try pickin a dizzy up at the junkyard and see, but remember if you get one for a OBD1 car you are gonna have to do a Obd0 to OBD1 conversion and I think get a OBD1 ECU. Plus if its not the dizzy you can have a extra one for parts or for when yours goes bad.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i g\=do have spark for sure but i think it might be the timing i dont have the uper or lower belt covers so timing is a bit difficult if you have a picture or really good explation to were TDC is on your block and in correlation to the head it would be greatly appreciated.:p

·
Registered
1988 CRX HF
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
What I have always done to find TDC is take a dowel or a really long 3/4 drive extension, find the number one cylinder, take the spark plug out, make sure the cap is off, put either the dowel or extension in the hole for the spark plug on the number 1 cylinder and manually crank the engine (by turning the crankshaft pully) till the piston is all the way up the dowel will stop going up (its a quick easy way, not the right way im sure. but it works). then U have TDC or close enough.
I have no clue how to set the timing on the top end (my cam gears have arrows that are supposed to point up when the rotor in the distributor is pointing at where the number 1 cylinder plugs into the cap) I dunno how it is on SOHC though. If anyone is reading this and knows a better way to check for TDC please say.

·
Registered
84 Posts
if the cap is off should the rotor be right over top of of the point or should it be a little off. the block is at TDC for sure but the head is off, i have the stock A6 dizzy. #1 being at the bottum right or top right???

·
Registered
84 Posts
swapped out the coil in the dizzy with the cap and rotor, ill change the ignition switch right now after i double check the timing. Thanks for the tip on the ign. switch i had forgotten about that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
no problem man mine went out in my ef and all kinds of shit went wrong my heater wouldent work it was gay i hope that fixes it man those connections go bad or burn up and power wont get to the dizzy or other things the wiring diagram shows that switch powers up hella shit good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
main relay

o shit the main relay you can test it with a multimeter if you have a manual it should tell you how to ive done it but it was a long time ago

·
Registered
12 Posts
ok so what is the car so i know i like to figure out problems my car has alot to man so dont feel alone with the problem thing i have a 89 civic hatch with a zc its pretty fast i neet to run a et with it still though. before you just replace that switch take a good look at the thing if its all burnt on the wires or the switch looks like it got hot replace it and i bet thats the problem but im not sayin for sure it is if it dosent work hit me back and ill think of other shit hope it works man

·
Registered
84 Posts
its on a 88 CRX si mini me just got back from doin the timing and it is spot on, haven't tried to start it will try tommary, ill check the switch and everything looked fine but ill test it before i try and start it. the vtec is not hooked up. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i tried tyo start it and the same old gre, gre, rev, rev, ga, gra rev ga rev. not the battery cause my 800 CCA optima is putin way more then nessecary to the starter. went out and picked up a nother new starter just in case. but nothin, startin to think that the belt i have on there is tooo tight. i have the belt from a 92-95 civic 1.6L Parts # TB224 made by continental at Crappy tire. if any body else hase the A6 block and Z6 head what belt did you use just give me the part # and i can figure out if i can get it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
stock dizzy, injectors with no resistors. it may be fixed just havent had time to start it.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts