Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me start by saying I have no idea why this engine will not start. I will list everything I did for the swap it will just crank,and crank but no fire.
First I took the Y7 dizzy and took the guts out and put it in the z6 housing.
Put on the y7 intake, though i think i may have only needed to swap injectors but it should still start with this intake.
Y7 alternator.
Used the stock harness just wanted car to run.
also did the ckf bypass trick.
but like I said all it will do is just crank and crank. tried turning the dizzy 180 but it would not fit back into the engine.
I am lost on why it is not starting. I Know a jumper harness and a p28 ecu is preferred but I am not wanting to put anymore money into it.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,102 Posts
check timing. your using y7 ecu? getting fuel and spark? when you say you swapped the guts, did you also swap the gear inside the dist too?

·
4,102 Posts
the reason I ask, the pick ups are different. teeth arnt always clocked the same. if youre using the z6 shaft and gears with the y7 pick up, it may never line up. also, you sure youre getting power to and from the dizzy?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
you need y7 ecu to be working with y7 injectors. sounds like you did that.

you need to swap y7 oil pump or bypass crank sensor. sounds like you did that. RECHECK WIRING.

you stuffed the y7 disty guts into a z6. BAD MOVE BAD MOVE undo this. slot ear of y7 distributor a lot, and bolt it to z6 head. might need to chop one ear off.

I highly suggest you find a y7 head and use that with a stock y7 distributor

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read online that we could use the y7 guts and put them into the z6 housing and fish the guts through so the plugs are the same as the harness, BUT I think the problem may be the timing in the dizzy, my friend and I took it apart, I was trying to take it slow and he just kinda jumped into. Needles to say we took the whole thing apart and only marked it the first time. Not sure if something else could be out of time? Like I said I tried flipping it 180 but would not go back in. It is pretty floppy not sure if it should be like that or not.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Use a z6 un modifed dizzy.
The. Go to rywire and get an obd1 to obd2 dizzy harness.

This swap has been done a ton of times.
You only need the z6 head,block and dizzy. Everything else y7.

The crank sensorndoesnt stop it from starting unless you mess up the wiring andncut the wrong wire.
The crank sensor is juse use for misfire detection.

The y7 injectors are smaller the most d injectors but wouldnt cuase a no start. You either be lean or rich depending on the ecu and injector combo you use.
But you said you got y7 and y7 so your good there.

Do what i said about the dizzy and it will start.

Or you can slot the y7 dizzy as other have said

·
4,102 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a month or two ago but what I remember I literally taking everything from the y7 dizzy and put it in the z6 housing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts