Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cool User Title Here
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting together my y8 tranny (had my y8 main and countershaft in my y7 case), in its original form.

However I cannot get the ring at the end of the mainshaft to snap into place!

Anyone have any clues/tips as to why I cannot do this??
 

·
Cool User Title Here
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, just some more fun for me

Scrapped the y8 tranny, can't get the remaining bearing off of it...so I can't put it back together

Started assembly of y7 tranny

Same problem, could not get snap ring to engage bearing at end of countershaft...
Now it won't come apart

I am so done with doing my own work
 

·
Brokedick Millionaire
Joined
·
40,456 Posts
mainshaft doesn't have a lock ring.............

you mean the countershaft I hope........

Spread the ring so it passes over the end of the bearing, then lower the case or use a rubber hammer. Install 4-5 bolts for a first timer, flip tranny over and the countershaft should drop into place. If not LIGHTLY bounce it on the workbench and you'll hear it click into place.
 

·
Cool User Title Here
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
transzex said:
mainshaft doesn't have a lock ring.............

you mean the countershaft I hope........
Yes, I meant counter :)

Thanks for the tip, I unfortunately cracked the 1 bearnig ni the y8, and have no way of getting the remainging bearing off at this point

Y7 tranny, is stuck together, I cannot get broken in half at this point, without breaking it

Any sources for getting a quick bearing sent my way??
 

·
Brokedick Millionaire
Joined
·
40,456 Posts
30mm socket and hammer is all that is need to get the bearing off.

You trying to put a Y8 tranny back to stock?????
 

·
Cool User Title Here
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
transzex said:
30mm socket and hammer is all that is need to get the bearing off.

You trying to put a Y8 tranny back to stock?????

Hmm....that is all huh?? Just a little reverse impact to get the thing sliding??

Yes, trying to put the y8 tranny to stock, had the input and countershaft in my y7 case because of a cracked y8 case at time of install.

Just found a z6 tranny for 100$ locally. If that hammer trick does not work, it will be going in.
 

·
Brokedick Millionaire
Joined
·
40,456 Posts
impact off the nut, use a LEATHER glove to hold the countshaft.......

Then hold the countershaft between 3rd and 4th gear. Hammer on the end of the shaft using a soft metal hammer 2-3 lbs, and the bearings will come off.

I have both bearings in stock.

The outer one with groove
$22 online, $27 from dealer, plus shipping.
I won't be able to ship till Tuesday, I have a out of town funeral to attend today (Monday)......Likely you can get it from a dealer in about the same time and for the same price after shipping from me.

91003-P21-003 BEARING, BALL $21.69 $5.09
 

·
Cool User Title Here
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
transzex said:
impact off the nut, use a LEATHER glove to hold the countshaft.......

Then hold the countershaft between 3rd and 4th gear. Hammer on the end of the shaft using a soft metal hammer 2-3 lbs, and the bearings will come off.

I have both bearings in stock.

The outer one with groove
$22 online, $27 from dealer, plus shipping.
I won't be able to ship till Tuesday, I have a out of town funeral to attend today (Monday)......Likely you can get it from a dealer in about the same time and for the same price after shipping from me.

91003-P21-003 BEARING, BALL $21.69 $5.09

Thankls for the tip! I have a donor bearing sitting in the y7 case, if I can seperate them. Otherwise I have to order one and get it here, which I will call around and see if anyone has it in stock today.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top