Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im a noob in these car modification thing..my car is a civic vti 99 a/t..my head is a Y8 but on a stock block. i got an obd1 rechipped ecu so i could replace my obd2b ecu but my electrician told me that i have to change my IACV..coz he said there will be a problem when i install the obd1 ecu without changing my IACV..is that really true? and if it is what IACV should i get? a friend told me that i have to change my existing IACV with an IACV that comes from a M/T. do i have to change the IM as well? or can it be bolted on or minor modifications are needed? please help..thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think thats only if you run a stock ecu. if your chipping your ecu for tuning you should be ok.
so you mean to say that since im gonna change my stock ecu with a chipped one for tuning its ok not to change the IM and IACV from matic to manual anymore?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
yeah in america the automatic d16y8 engine comes with a three wire iacv, i believe its the same for you. Every other ecu except for the 96-00 civic dx/lx/cx have a 2 wire iace. YOu need to find a manifold off of one of these cars and find a 2 wire pigtail that will plug into the iacv then youll be aight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah in america the automatic d16y8 engine comes with a three wire iacv, i believe its the same for you. Every other ecu except for the 96-00 civic dx/lx/cx have a 2 wire iace. YOu need to find a manifold off of one of these cars and find a 2 wire pigtail that will plug into the iacv then youll be aight.
oh i see. i saw a link where you can convert your 3 wire iacv to a 2 wire iacv..will that be advisable?

here's the link
Click Here For Photo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts