Honda D Series Forum banner

Help with SWAP

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  n_bond 
#1 ·
4 weeks of reading, searching and many questions has been solved out, but still have some and can't find answers.
So here is the thing I got:
Chassis 96-98 OBD2a eco Vtec civic D15Z6 EDM
Engine - D16Z6 without any manifolds (just head, dizzy, and block) + P30 JDM ecu + Turbo

As for the wiring I purchased:
- Rywire ECU jumper OBD2a to OBD1 ECU
- Rywire Dizzy Jumper from OBD2 engine harness to OBD1 TD42u dizzy.

So I have to custom lead wire:
- the O2 4 wire sensor to ECU
- KS

1. Do I have to wire vtec press switch? I don't have it in my engine wire harness. Or it can be spliced with oil press sensor on block?
2. Do I have to get other Alternator or smth else from D16Z6 engine? or all harware like power steering system, AC, sensors, intake manifold, and wiring I can use the existing from OEM engine?

Thanks in advance

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I am running high comp.ratio so knock would be needed to prevent engine damage. I got VITARAS with custom RC rods which are longer a bit. I don't know exact ratio cause havnt measured yet. Its in assembling process. What about alternator, will it work?
What about Vtec press sensor? I don't have it in my eco Vtec engine.

#4 ·
Vtec oil psi can just be grounded. Or you can run it to the vtec solenoid.

Knock doesn't run on a p28, p06, p30, p2e, ecu.
Only on p72 and p2p ecu reads it.
So if your not using one of those then don't worry about knock.
If you are using one of those then just run the wire and add a knock sensor.
But some blocks don't have the hole for the knock sensor so your be out of luck.

Also this has nothing to do with turbo so shouldn't rally be in this thread.

#8 ·
There is no knock sensor with a obd1 jdm p30 ecu. I ran this ecu before without a knock sensor.

For the alternator you have two thing you can do, 1st is to swap the alternator out for an obd2 or splice the obd1 alternator plug to the obd2 harness.

#9 ·
But I got Alternator and wire harness OBD2a, its now in the car with D15Z6. I didn't check the mounting on engine block if the D15 and D16 the same for alternator. But looks like similar.
P30 ECU will plug via Rywire jumper and Dizzy jumper (from 10pin to OBD1 D16Z6 dizzy). The rest of the engine wiring is the OBD2a.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.