Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year i got a 93 civic ex, all stock z6 engine and i got it passed smog only for it to spin a bearing a few days later. I ended up purchasing a d15b vtec because i thought it was equivalent to a z6. Well 2 months later i was stopped by chp and offered a road side smog check. I thought i would be good and they said it wouldnt affect my cars current registration so i did the test. It came back running rich. Now my tags are due and i have to re smog my car. What can i do to bring my HC and CO #'s down? I have a stock p28 ecu chipped with supposed to be p08 maps with 02 sensor deactivated. Im looking for anything to help pass smog with this d15b, maybe a ch from phearable or just running the p28 maps while looking for a donor z6 to swap in for smog. Any help to make this d15b pass smog is much appreciated

20170516_120441.jpg
D16z6 smog results

20170516_120634.jpg
Jdm d15b smog results

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Really stupid to run with the oxygen sensor deactivated. You can try using a stock p28 but I don't know if you'll do any better.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really stupid to run with the oxygen sensor deactivated. You can try using a stock p28 but I don't know if you'll do any better.
not my choice to run with it deactivated, its the programmers. I do agree with you though. Thinking that could possibly be the reason. I just removed j1 from the ecu. Car is running the same. The chip is also labled stock maps so i dont even thingk it is a p08 map,

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
My little brother passed a D15B OBD1 VTEC engine in a civic DX using a PO6 ECU with flying colors.

We changed out the vtec valve cover to the '92-'93 EX valve cover as precaution for obvious reasons.

This was in California.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts