Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year i got a 93 civic ex, all stock z6 engine and i got it passed smog only for it to spin a bearing a few days later. I ended up purchasing a d15b vtec because i thought it was equivalent to a z6. Well 2 months later i was stopped by chp and offered a road side smog check. I thought i would be good and they said it wouldnt affect my cars current registration so i did the test. It came back running rich. Now my tags are due and i have to re smog my car. What can i do to bring my HC and CO #'s down? I have a stock p28 ecu chipped with supposed to be p08 maps with 02 sensor deactivated. Im looking for anything to help pass smog with this d15b, maybe a ch from phearable or just running the p28 maps while looking for a donor z6 to swap in for smog. Any help to make this d15b pass smog is much appreciated

Text Paper Font Document
D16z6 smog results

Cartoon Font Fictional character Graphic design Graphics
Jdm d15b smog results

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Really stupid to run with the oxygen sensor deactivated. You can try using a stock p28 but I don't know if you'll do any better.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really stupid to run with the oxygen sensor deactivated. You can try using a stock p28 but I don't know if you'll do any better.
not my choice to run with it deactivated, its the programmers. I do agree with you though. Thinking that could possibly be the reason. I just removed j1 from the ecu. Car is running the same. The chip is also labled stock maps so i dont even thingk it is a p08 map,

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
People have posted threads about smogging the d15b, have you looked through them?

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
My little brother passed a D15B OBD1 VTEC engine in a civic DX using a PO6 ECU with flying colors.

We changed out the vtec valve cover to the '92-'93 EX valve cover as precaution for obvious reasons.

This was in California.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts