Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
HONDA
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought an autometer ultalite series electronic oil pressure gauge, my question in where is the oil sending unit on a DOHC ZC, i havent really looked or even installed the gauge yet . just wondering if anyone can help me out ??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just remember to NOT use teflon tape on the threads. It can get into the oil and cause some issues, plus the threads are how the sensor is grounded, and teflon can stop it from grounding, thus rendering it useless.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
sender mounts to the FIREWALL, the 1.5" conduit mount become the ground.

You'll need #3 AN line and adapters, plus the block is tapped 1/8 BSPT and the Autometer is 1/8 NPT.

Mount the sending unit to the block and it will fail in 1000 miles, mine lasted 500 miles. Autometer will NOT replace it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have had mine mounted to the since i put it in about 2,000 miles ago and have had no problems. I also used teflon tape on the threads. And i used a brass t-fitting from jegs so i can use the factory sensor also and i really dont think that the sensor is going to ground off a aluminum block anyways.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Good lookin transzex, I just got the same gauges and was gonna use a 4-way tee on the block! That would of been a mistake. Plus it will be more easily accessible on the firewall.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
Mount the sending unit to the block and it will fail in 1000 miles, mine lasted 500 miles. Autometer will NOT replace it.
mine lasted 5 miles before it failed. I mounted it to the firewall and all has been good. Luckily I got mine replaced through summit racing with no questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts