Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just dropped in my d16z6 into my 92 civic dx, my car originally came as a d15b7 auto, i swapped the 5spd in with great success, eveything worked fine on the z6 swap i just cant get the oil pressure switch to bypass correctly, i read a few how to's. i jumped a4 to d6 like stated, and i have a code 22 for oil pressure switch. i am using all the factory stuff that came with my car as i was unable to source a z6 engine harness. any ideas?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
ive got a great idea do what every one else does and just run the wires from the ecu out to the engine and hook up the solenoid and pressure switch the way it was intended to be

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ur right that is a great idea, if i had everything to do that i would most def do that

but i have located a plug that plugs into the oil pressure switch from my ac system, i just cant seem to find the wire colors i need to tap into running into the engine bay for it, since my car was a non vtec it seems as though my wire colors dont correspond to anything i have come across....of the two wires what are they supposed to be? power and ground? or what? or anyone know what pins they need to run to so i can run it to the ecu?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
ok since im feeling generous today, how bout you run the one wire for the vtec solenoid to pin a4, and lets say we run the oil pressure switch to pin d6. the the ground for the solenoid would go to the bolt on the t-stat housing. but really a simple google search would have told you the same thing. you are gonna have to run you own wires from the vtec stuff right to the ecu

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
92's were all wired for VTEC from the ECU to the shock tower.

All you need is about 3 feet of speaker wire.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
92's were all wired for VTEC from the ECU to the shock tower.

All you need is about 3 feet of speaker wire.
ah yes i missed that he had a 92 trans is right you just have to run from the shock tower plug to the engine. if you dont know which ones an ohm meter is your friend just check for coninuity for the pins i mention to the shock tower plug

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know all of this already though, and i have vtec solenoid wired to pin a6 already, on the oil pressure switch which pin is for ground and which one goes to the ecu? the plug i have found isnt for the oil pressure switch so the wires are a diff color

1 - 9 of 9 Posts