Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. I just reassembled the engine that I rebuilt (new piston rings, bushings, gaskets, etc.). Once all the sensors have been reinserted and connected, I connect the battery but when I try to turn the key the engine runs but no petrol arrives and neither the spark plugs receive current. Can you give me some advice?

Rover 416 GTI precat 1991

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
250 Posts
I cant see in the picture, is the thermostat housing ground connected? Also, does the engine light come on for 3 seconds when key is turned on? Can you hear the fuel pump prime?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great news!
I had not connected the ground to the thermostat! She start immediately. The problem now lies in the fact that the car has a very high minimum, 3000 rpm .... it slowly goes down to 1800. I removed the IACV, cleaned and reassembled, but same problem. I tried to disassemble and clean the FIT (Fast Idle Solenoid) but same thing ...
I also did another test, I tried to disconnect the MAP and then the revs decrease significantly ...

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
250 Posts
First, Be sure the throttle is closing all the way, then check to be sure brake booster hose and other vacuum ports are connected, if all checks out check the oring around the idle adjustment screw (brass, front top of throttle body), replace if broken, then reinstall screw, gently bottom, then back the screw out 1.5 turns, restart and recheck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts