Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight i got a 89 civic dx hatch with a d15b2(non-vtec). i bought a d16z6(with vtec) head, the obd0 to 0bd1 conversion kit, p28 ecu, vtec soleniod, new obd1 dizzy, d16z6 timing belt, and new head gasket. i need some explanation on the mpfi and the dpfi. the d15b2 is dpfi, i think, do i need to convert to mpfi, and if i do, how do i do that convaersion? can anyone give me a list of directions that i can follow, especially with the wiring of the new ecu. im pretty new at this, any help at all would be great.

·
Registered
713 Posts
yes you have to convert to mpfi first, then convert to obd1 or you could have just bought the harness from rywire.com and not have to do the mpfi swap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aight but since i didnt buy the harness from rywire.com, what exactly do i have to do? im not sure how to ask, but do i use the ecu thats in the car now to do this mpfi conversion and then do the obd conversion along with the new ecu?

·
Registered
179 Posts
People are just gonna tell you to search. There's tons of info on this site, including links to other places with more info. Members hat typing out mini-me how-tos 8 times a week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts