Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so im getting ready to paint an extra valve cover i have laying around. im going to paint it due to boardam but i have no inspiration. so could you guys give me a few ideas so i can do something cool. ill post pics as i do it.

help is much appreciated! :euro:

Attachments

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,472 Posts
make a window in it.

·
Registered
94 eg sedan
79 Posts
you could try wrinkle red, I've seen it on alot of dohcs but not many sohcs. Something different.you could block the letters or paint them a flat white or black. Flat black and blocked letters would look sick. Just throwin ideas out there kinda depends on the color of car/bay. I'm not a huge fan of the multicolor ones, just too much for me. Are you gonna use a gun or can?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
i dig the window idea lol.

and for polished...naw lol. really wanting something pretty original or so kick ass i cant pass up.
You are reaching if you want to do something "different" to a Honda valve cover.

Cover is it plaid fabric...

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you could try wrinkle red, I've seen it on alot of dohcs but not many sohcs. Something different.you could block the letters or paint them a flat white or black. Flat black and blocked letters would look sick. Just throwin ideas out there kinda depends on the color of car/bay. I'm not a huge fan of the multicolor ones, just too much for me. Are you gonna use a gun or can?
dont have an engine bay for it to go in just looking to paint it. prolly have to use a can cuz i need a higher heat paint and dont have any for a gun lol.

You are reaching if you want to do something "different" to a Honda valve cover.

Cover is it plaid fabric...
yea i know its all been done 20,000 times lol. thats why i said "or so kick ass i cant pass up" lol.
plaid fabric would be sweet lol.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
auto tattoo its as original as your imagination can dream of

type auto tatto into a google search

high temp white and a couple sharpies and a can of clear

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
i started and scratched the idea of a angry birds valvecover

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dude the sharpie is sweet!

well i havent got a set paint scheme for it yet but here is an update on were its at.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
make a window in it.
haha yeah i was thinking that too, depending how hot the engine gets, you could use plexiglass or acrylic.
if it does not exceed 160*C for acrylic

would not use glass due to different expansion ratios could cause the glass to crack... unless if the glass was suspended or seated on recessed shelf like thing with some high temp sealant to allow expansion and shrinking?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts