Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has already been posted, and i did a search on it, but all the replies on that thread didnt make since, because people were arguing. OK here is the question, and i would like a response from someone who really knows, I have a d16z6 bottom end, but im using a d16y8 head (this motor is built from "ground" up) I have d16z6 head studs from ARP, are these the ones i need? or do i need d16y8 head studs? PLease be helpful with this, my built motor is almost done, except for this small thing. Thanks guys in advance!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pretty positive you can use the head studs you have........have you attempted screwing them in? Worst that could happen is they are too short and wont thread, or too long and bottom out before being torqued down, but chances are they will be fine. I dont believe there are any major physical differences between z6 blocks/heads.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i havent torqued down, but i set the head on the block to see, and all of them look good except the one on the intake side on the far left..and the one on the far right..., they both look too long...and not enough thread to torque down...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts