Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to get a new exhaust for my car. I'll be swapping in a Y8 head with tranny and figured might as well put a new exhaust. I'm just debating between 2.25" Kteller piping w/ 18" resonator w/ test-pipe and 2.25" ES Tuning Muffler or going with 2.5" piping w/ the same resonator & test-pipe. The header will be an AN-R.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
well i cant help much on what size piping you would need. my guess would be 2.5. but i can tell you that test pipes sound like shit. unless you like the really raspy sound. i had one on my ls with nitrous only because i bought a cheapo ebay header that didnt bolt up to my cat, but i hated how loud and raspy it was. just my .02

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
do 2.25 but use a resonator.
:TU:. 2.25" with just a muffler and a cat is loud as hell. Mine was like that on my ej, I put a resonator inline and made it sound soo much better and not near as loud.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The KTeller Stainless piping kit is 2.25" with an 18" resonator. So that is why I was unsure of using a Test-Pipe or not.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
i wouldnt mess with the test pipe. save your money. that resonator will make a huge difference. get a good muffler.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Sure a 3" mandrel bent stainless tubing kit for $200 will make any one horny, but there's nothing sexual there.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ill say 2.25 pipe with "high flow" cat, 18"resonator and a good muffler is all you need. no test pipe, itll sound like crap. i had one and it was hooooly loud and very raspy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts