Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, recently bought a forged D16a9, it came with D16z6 SRP pistons 75mm (#149199) and eagle roads. I've already realised I'm going to need to take a fair bit off the head and get an MLS headgasket to get the desired comp ratio I want but before all that ..
Took the head off yesterday and noticed a few things that I was unsure about... Firstly piston 3 has lots of small little chips in the top, almost like it's been sat on concrete, could there be any reason for this? Det?
Secondly in all 4 cylinders I've noticed some scoring on the bores... A few of them you can feel with your nail and the rest just seem to be visual. The block is stock 75mm so hoping I can hone these out if they aren't too bad.
Last of all the p2w clearance looks massive, I've not get any measuring equipment in there just yet but you can quite easily rock the pistons forward and backwards.
Il attach a few pictures so you can see what I mean, I'm fairly new to D series turbo builds so any advice is welcome

Thanks.
Auto part Wheel Metal

·
Registered
25 Posts
When u take the piston out look at the side and post a picture. Sounds like worn rings. Those marks look like the piston hitting the cylinder due to the slop. Or it was not honed on the last rebuild and someone thought wet sanding was good enough and those marks pits still remain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts